-Well, to start, I should mention that our realtor is coming tomorrow evening to take the pictures of the house. This should tell you what I've been doing with most of my time lately--cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning. I've been trying to de-clutter every room and closet and have already made one big drop-off at Goodwill, with another load sitting in the van ready to be taken in. I am down to the last details, and the house is really looking nice. I even cleaned the stove and oven on Friday night (yes, on Friday not--what an exciting way to spend the weekend, huh??), and I almost never do that. Just the smell of that nasty oven cleaner takes me back to a summer job 10 years ago that I would like to forget :-)
-The weekend of the 21st, we also finally painted our master bedroom. We no longer have ugly red walls, but rather a bright and cheerful beige color that is both neutral and complements our bedding. We downgraded to a queen bed and reset the furniture, and the room looks great. We're very pleased with the result.
-Cliff turned in the first of 2 consecutive papers today. He had a paper/presentation due today on a 25-minute piece of music, and he has another paper on another lengthy piece due next Monday. So the last few evenings have consisted of Cliff working feverishly on his paper and me feverishly cleaning, and us both getting to bed later than we'd like.
-We took Nathan to the allergist last Thursday. They ended up sending us to the outpatient lab at the hospital for a blood draw. They are running a full food allergy panel on his sample, and we should hear back this week.
-I've been collecting boxes from some generous friends and the nice produce men at the supermarkets. I picked up boxes at 2 stops this morning, and my van is now full of A.) the layer of stuff for Goodwill previously mentioned and B.) a whole layer of boxes from the supermarket and from Chick-Fil-A (my friend's husband manages it). Now I just need to put things in them :-(
In the meantime, normal life goes on. The kids are doing great. Nathan is pulling up to his feet more consistently now, and even tries to cruise around the furniture a little. Laura has taken to "composing" her own original works on the piano (great lyrics, by the way!), and has even learned to bow, thanks to our babysitter. She even goes "backstage" (her bedroom) between songs and returns with a grand entrance and bow. Cliff and I have enjoyed the constant barrage of college basketball despite Xavier's heartbreaking loss in the Sweet 16. The weeks are winding down now, and it is hard to believe that we will be out of here in as little as 2 months now! Can't wait to see how our plans for the summer unfold. We'll keep you posted! Also, enjoy the photos, just for fun. (Actually, the one of Laura is my proof that with the right motivation--this time, ribbons---I can convince her to let me do her hair once in awhile).
Gina
No comments:
Post a Comment