Our other recent tradition is to all go to the Y every Sunday. Cliff gets in a workout, and we take the kids to the pool. Laura is getting much more comfortable in the water, and even lets us get her face in the water once in awhile (this is a big sticking point for her, believe me!). Nathan LOVES the water and I think he would honestly stay in as long as I let him. Each week it has been the most sustained period of contentment for him of the week--a true fish!
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Family Tradition
So we've started some new little family traditions recently. This summer we started taking Laura to the library weekly to let her pick her own books. She loves it and looks forward to it. We let her pick any 5 books she wants, with the only stipulation being that we have to approve them (i.e. they aren't too long for her attention span). Mostly we get decent books, some better than others, but lots of very nice ones. But this week we fell on a dud. I won't go into specifics, but it was a children's book that actually perpetuated negative stereotypes. It was pretty bad, and needless to say, after one read, it went on a high shelf where it is out of her vision until the next library trip. Moral of the story: actually look at the story itself in the library before agreeing to take the book home!
Our other recent tradition is to all go to the Y every Sunday. Cliff gets in a workout, and we take the kids to the pool. Laura is getting much more comfortable in the water, and even lets us get her face in the water once in awhile (this is a big sticking point for her, believe me!). Nathan LOVES the water and I think he would honestly stay in as long as I let him. Each week it has been the most sustained period of contentment for him of the week--a true fish!

Our other recent tradition is to all go to the Y every Sunday. Cliff gets in a workout, and we take the kids to the pool. Laura is getting much more comfortable in the water, and even lets us get her face in the water once in awhile (this is a big sticking point for her, believe me!). Nathan LOVES the water and I think he would honestly stay in as long as I let him. Each week it has been the most sustained period of contentment for him of the week--a true fish!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment