Sunday, February 22, 2009

Concert/Recital

On Friday the Morningside College Symphonic Wind Ensemble performed their winter concert. This also included my first of three recitals I will be completing for my DMA Degree at Nebraska. The concert was entitled "Variations" and the program is as follows:

Variations on a Shaker Melody-Aaron Copland
First Suite in Eb-Gustav Holst
Suite Dreams-Steven Bryant
Concerto for Marimba and Band-Ney Rosauro
On a Hymnsong of Philip Bliss-David Holsinger
Variations on "America"-Charles Ives
The Golden Ear March-Mariano San Miguel

The band played up to and past their potential so I was very pleased with the concert. The picture is of our Marimba soloist, a junior in our music education program, and I right before the Marimba Concerto.

Also this week Nathan has had some developments. Just yesterday he moved from a laying position to a sitting position without assistance. This is a first for him, so we are proud. He is also working on figuring out his sippy cup, hence the second photo.

Tomorrow the family is headed to Lincoln to hunt for employment and an apartment for us next fall while I work on my doctorate. It should be an informative trip.

1 comment:

kraiga440 said...

Congrats on the concert. Wish I could have been there!