So, I must confess from the start, I can't remember the last time I actually composed a post on this blog. Gina has done a marvelous job of posting and keeping our friends and family updated on how things are going for the Towner family. I have read all of her posts and occasionally have given input, but outside of that, my participation has been minuscule at best. So before I enter the next month (February) of craziness, I thought I would take a few minutes on the last day of January and give our readers a fresh perspective.
First and foremost, this adventure to Lincoln is turning out to be a fantastic decision. We never knew when we actually made the decision back in November of 2008, how things would turn out, but we worked and planned to make it the best experience we could. Well now we have been here for six months and we are as happy as we can be. I am learning new things everyday, am reinvigorated in my career with new passions and excitement. Laura was able to start school, and she is a thriving, beautiful 4-year-old. Nathan is growing every day (this was inevitable despite the transition, I know) and keeps us on our toes. Gina has found new enthusiasm for her water aerobics and has supplied both health clubs with new ideas and new energy. Her students love her and rely on the care, exercise and support that she gives them, both in and out of the water. She also is doing an outstanding job of keeping this family organized, happy, healthy and on the right track. She is truly an inspiration to me, because I could not do what she does, day in and day out.
Those are my feelings and emotions at the end of 6 months on our new adventure. The next month is going to be a challenge from a time management and balance perspective. Tomorrow I start a new part-time job with Arts Incorporated doing a variety of administrative tasks for many of the non-profit musical organizations here in Lincoln. I am looking forward to the new challenge. My second conducting recital (chamber music) is coming up on February 21st and weekly rehearsals are already in progress. Right after the recital, I am co-presenting at the regional CBDNA conference with my conducting professor. Of course preparation for this will be ongoing. Of course this is all on top of my regular course work and family time. There is never a dull moment, and of course, that is the way I like it.
Well I hope you are all doing well, and I am sure that Gina will keep you updated on how we all are doing while I am trying to keep my head above water in February. Hopefully in early March I will catch my breath and let you know how it all went. As a friendly reminder to us all: Life is not a dress rehearsal, so live each day like it is your last, because one day it will be and you don't want to have any regrets when that day arrives (hopefully not for quite a while, but it does help me keep my mind focused on what is important). That is the point behind the maxim at the top of our blog "Make each day your Masterpiece."
Cliff
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment